Main Purpose of Job:
We are a health technology business entering a stage of rapid expansion. To support this growth, we are looking for a Software Test Automation Engineer (either at a Junior level or more experienced level) to work as part of an agile development team to test all software developed by LumiraDx Care Solutions UK Ltd, to the agreed standards and specifications.
This role would suit either a candidate at a Junior level who is looking to move into this field, or alternatively a more experienced candidate looking for a new opportunity.
Ideally you would have undertaken some formal IT education, either through A Levels, College diploma or degree, and/or can evidence your software development skills through a project, GIT hub collaboration or work experience. This role would suit a candidate who is able to develop software, who is able to navigate and understand their way around code, solve problems and develop solutions.
Predominantly we use Visual Studio and C#. Knowing language basics and evidencing you can use them is a must. This is a growing role in which you must be comfortable with learning and picking up new technology, of which the rest of the team will support you with training to meet learning needs.
A hands-on developer/tester comfortable using and developing with c#, specflow cucumber, integrating to restful API’s, using json, xml, utilising SDK’s, working with Selenium, html, css, and SQL. Have the ability to independently undertake small development projects to produce reusable library methods and test steps for use by junior testers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work within an Agile environment as part of a cross functional team consisting of Product Owners, UX Designers, Software Engineers, Test Engineers and representatives from other departments.
- To contribute to the design and implementation of automation framework components that enable test implementation across web and mobile channels; enabling frequent releases at a reduced cost to the business while increasing coverage and improving the scalability of the software.
- To contribute to the definition and shaping of the Lumira software test strategy, methodology, procedures and guidelines. This could include producing documentation and facilitating workshops.
- Contribute to Sprint Planning and daily stand ups to develop User Story’s, Acceptance Criteria and Effort scoring with a Testing focus.
- Analyse the impact and risk of User Story’s against existing systems and select appropriate testing strategies to validate.
- Design, develop and maintain appropriate automated and manual tests, existing Testing Suites and Frameworks and work with DevOps to integrate test artefacts into a continuous test and CI/CD pipeline.
- Undertake a full range of test activities for example Structural, Functional/Non-Functional, Behavioural, Regression and Exploratory testing across Unit, Integration, System and Performance stages. Investigation of issues, and defect recording.
- To work within test, design and development standards by actively participate in reviews, methodologies and evolving processes while providing the right degree of challenge to ensure quality.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core system and processes, and how those systems and processes interact (end-to-end testing).
- To coach and mentor colleagues, sharing knowledge and skills to help personal and team development to enhance the quality and accuracy of team outputs; ensure that our work adheres to our company’s test, design and development standards.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Work Instruction (WI) documentation as required.
- Participate in team and process reviews as well as retrospectives.
- Actively engage in continuous development of your skills.
- To work with and uphold the team values:
- Enjoyment & Enthusiasm
- Sharing Knowledge
- Teach & Develop
- Work at all times in accordance with:
- The company Values and Culture.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines that assist this.
- The company Quality and Information Security Management Systems for example, but not limited to, ISO9001, ISO13485 & ISO27001.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy.
- Data Protection Legislation, including by not limited to Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679
- Undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.